Doris and Don Fisher founded Gap in the year 1969 due to the simple reason that Don Fisher couldn’t find a pair of jeans that would fit him. The name ‘Gap’ was a reference to ‘the generation gap’. In the year 1976 Gap became a public company. The Gap foundation was established in the year 1977.
In the year 1983 the company acquired The Banana Republic. The first Gap kids store was opened in San Mateo, CA in the year 1986. Gap’s first store in London was opened in 1987. In 1994, the Old Navy was established. The year 2006 saw the introduction of Piperlime, the first online only store. And the Gap took possession of Athleta in 2008.
Warehouse jobs in Gap:
Warehouse operation manager:
The applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent experience and should have a good knowledge in Microsoft excel, word, outlook and power point. The primary responsibilities of this position are managing the overall performances of the shift, preparing reports, operate budget etc. The operation manager reports to the facility director. The other responsibilities are listed below
- Carefully setup and accomplish short and long-term strategic and skillful plans for the warehouse governed by broad policies, objectives and standards
- Establish plans to improve team work and the responsibility of the team members
- Facilitate free flow of information and communication throughout the warehouse
- Manage and encourage the staffs to meet the company targets
- Execute policies and guidelines for improving the work activities
- Maintain good interpersonal relationship with his/her higher authorities
- Coach the subordinates to improve their efficiency
The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of experience in the field of supervision. He/she should have the ability to do multitasking etc. The candidate should be flexible in working for any shift and department. The main responsibility of this post is to supervise various staffs in a multifaceted environment. He/she has to work with and report to the operation manager. The job responsibilities are listed below
- Supervise a team of employees including Merchandise Handlers, Process Coordinators, Analysts etc
- Create a positive work employment
- Should have excellent rapport with the higher authorities and colleagues for improving the team work
- Make sure that all the staffs adhere strictly to the safety rules of the warehouse
- Evaluate the efficiency of each associate
- Schedule and allot works and ensure that they are completed on time
- Analyze the problems occurring in the department and solve them logically
Benefit packages offered by Gap:
- Dental, vision, life, disability insurance etc.
- Weight Watchers memberships and discounts to local gyms.
- 401(k) plan.
- Tuition reimbursement and career development.
- Merchandise discounts.
- 20-35 days of vacation, 7 paid holidays per year, sick leave etc.
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement of up to $2,000 per child.
Online job application:
To apply online, visit the link https://gapinc.taleo.net/careersection/ and log-in with the username & password. If you’re a first time user, then it’s mandatory to create a username and password.
After logging into website, choose the desired job position at the preferred location. Once you are done with selecting the role, click on ‘apply online’.
The warehouse associates are paid around $12 – $15 per hour while Senior Data Warehouse Engineers earn about $100,000 per year.
Employees are very much satisfied with the company. 68% of the employees are willing to recommend this company to their friends and 78% of them approve of the CEO, Glenn K. Murphy. The employees have referred the company as a fun filled and great place to work. The only problem pointed out was the short breaks and long standing hours.