General Mills Warehouse Jobs
About General Mills
General Mills’ products are available in over 100 countries, on six continents, and the company employs over 42,000 people all over the world. General Mills started out as a flourmill, producing Gold Medal flour, in 1866. Today, their product line includes over 100 famous brands, such as Cheerios, Annie’s, Progresso, Green Giant, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, and more. They’re also known for one of the first companies to create popular advertising mascots, such as the Jolly Green Giant and the Pillsbury Doughboy.
General Mills attributes its success to innovation and customer service. They connect employees to inventors, academics, customers, and entrepreneurs in order to create products that meet the needs of today’s consumer. Some food enhancements they’ve achieved are making Cheerios gluten free, using more whole grains and fiber, and decreasing calories in popular products.
General Mills has five pursuits they work at, which they believe contributes to their global success: putting people first, building a culture of creating, making food with passion, earning people’s trust, and treating the world with care. They are dedicated to treating customers and employees with respect and integrity, and are also dedicated to giving back to the community through many different charitable activities, including Box Tops for Education, Feeding America, Join My Village, and more.
Working with General Mills
There are a number of different areas at General Mills: corporate, engineering, finance, manufacturing, supply chain logistics and sourcing, and more. There are facilities in more than 30 countries. Their main location is in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
General Mills offers competitive salaries and benefits, with a number of perks, such as annual bonuses, discounts at various retail establishments, and volunteer opportunities for employees. They are committed to cultivating an inclusive, diverse workplace and treating all employees with respect.
General Mills has a very high rating on Glassdoor.com. Some positive comments from current and former employees discuss the great people working there, the training and development offered to employees, fun company events, excellent benefits, and positive work environment. A few negative comments mention frequent change and occasional layoffs.
Tips for Applying at General Mills
To apply for jobs at General Mills, visit careers.generalmills.com and use the search box to select a location and add any keywords (which is optional). Once you’ve found positions and read the job descriptions, you can select Apply. Here you’ll be asked to create a profile, and you can do this from scratch or from a social networking site (LinkedIn, Google+, or Facebook).
Here are some more tips for applying at General Mills:
- Be sure to check the location of the jobs you look at—while the main location is in Minneapolis, they have facilities all over the world.
- Warehouse and manufacturing jobs might require heavy lifting and constant, repetitive movement. If you’re not able to perform these duties, you might want to check some postings in different areas.
- General Mills is looking for exceptional people who want to contribute to society. Be sure to include any volunteerism or charitable work on your résumé and cover letter!
- If you don’t see a position you’d be a good match for, but you’re still interested in working at General Mills, be sure to follow them on Facebook or Google+ and connect with them on LinkedIn. You’ll be able to hear of new job postings right away.
- To prepare for an interview, check out their YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/GeneralMillsCareers.