The beginning of Nestle dates back to 1866 when the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company established the first European condensed milk factory in Cham, Switzerland. In the year 1867 Henri Nestlé, a German pharmacist introduced ‘’Farine lactée’’, a product made by the combination of cow’s milk, wheat flour and sugar. Nestle was born in the year 1905 when The Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company founded by Americans Charles and George Page merged with Farine lactée. The company was named after the German word “Nestle” meaning “the little nest”.
In 1918, Nestle bought many factories in the United States to meet the demand for Dairy products that rose during the First World War. Though the company faced many financial problems during 1920s, it came out in flying colors following the acquiring of Peter, Cailler, Kohler Swiss Chocolate Company. Thus chocolate became an important product of the company and the powdered drink ‘Milo’ was introduced. In 1938 the company launched Nescafe coffee. It was followed by Nestea in the early 1940s. Alimentana S.A united with Nestle in 1947 and ‘Maggi’ products became a part of the Nestle family. The year 2005 saw the transformation of Nestle from being the processor of agricultural products to the producer of food with added benefits and provider of a wide range of products in the field of nutrition.
Warehouse jobs at Nestle:
Candidates applying for this position should have Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Transportation, or related field and must be ready to work in any shift or overtime. He/she must be willing to travel. The person should have at least 3years of experience in a supervisory role and 3-5 years of experience in warehousing, logistics, or operations. The job responsibilities are as follows
- Manage work agendas and wages for the hourly workers
- Develop, communicate and enforce the department policies and goals to the warehouse staffs
- Conduct team meetings every week
- Assist the warehouse manager in planning the budget
- Make sure that all the shipping and receiving processes are perfect
- Stick to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment always
- Obey FDA/USDA rules and regulations
- Ensure that all employees adhere to safety rules of the company
Seasonal warehouse worker:
The applicants should be of 18 years of age or above, should be willing to accept the seasonal assignments and must be able to work 12 hour shifts which includes nights, weekends and holidays. Shift timings are from 5pm to 5.30am. Following are the job responsibilities.
- Operate and conduct the basic and preventative maintenance
- Ensure the workers safety
- Load raw materials into containers/trucks
- Operate forklift when needed
- Work with planning, logistics etc.
- Competitive pay
- Health care and benefit programs
- Financial assistance in the event of illness, disability or death
- Financial security assistance for retirement
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Work/Life benefits
Online job application:
To apply for jobs online, visit the link http://nestlejobs.com/ and select the position at the preferred location. Once you have selected the role to apply for, upload your CV and click on “apply”.
A warehouse workers salary at nestle is paid around $25,000 per month. Similarly Nestle managers earn about $120k- $150k per month.
Most of the employees are very much satisfied with the company. 71% of employees are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 92% of them approve of the CEO, Paul Bulcke. Majority of the workers are pleased with the company’s benefits, management, job culture etc. Only a few have complaints about the management’s response towards arising issues, health benefits, & overtime works.