Nike, an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures and markets athletic footwear, clothes, sports equipment and other sports related products. It’s headquarter is located at Washington Country, Oregon, United States. It is one of the only two fortune 500 companies whose headquarters are located at Oregon. Phil Knight is the chairman and Mark Parker is the president and C.E.O.
Jobs at Nike Warehouse:
Candidates applying for this post should have an associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory/lead experience in distribution industry. He/she should be capable of multi- tasking. The person should have basic PC and excellent communication skills etc.
The job responsibilities for this position are
- Ensure that Nike Team Sports product gets delivered to the internal and external clients on time and in a cost effective and perfect way
- Create a friendly work environment
- Communicate and achieve the objectives and targets of the NTS organization
- Analyze work needs, develop and implement appropriate actions according to the requirements and follow up the results
- Schedule work and adjust staffing as the situation demands
- Direct the interview and selection process of warehouse
Warehouse Area Manager:
Applicants need to have a bachelor degree in business, industrial engineering or an equivalent qualification with a minimum of 3 year experience in management field of a distribution company. He/she should have high decision making and problem solving skills etc. The following are the job responsibilities
- Direct and motivate the subordinates to improve the production rate
- Conducts follow up meetings and evaluate the staff’s efficiency
- Guide the employees with proper procedures and meet their need for resources to obtain maximum results
- Manage the budget and update the daily production reports and the monthly financial claims
- Create a positive relationship between the subordinates
- Attend work flow meetings, plan and execute policies to maximize the production rate
Apply Online for a Job in Nike
To apply for a job in Nike, visit the following link http://jobs.nike.com . You can search for jobs based on specific job category, country, state, and city. After selecting the appropriate job at the desired location, click on “Apply Now”. If you are a first time user, you need to create a username and password to apply for any job position. If you already have a username and password, you can directly apply by logging into the website.
Employees of Nike warehouse enjoy the following benefit packages
- Health insurance, life and accident insurance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid holidays
- Transportation allowance/discount etc.
The specific benefits may vary with the position, location and the staffs experience in the company.
The associate working in Nike is paid around $ 8.00/hour, the manager gets paid between $40,000-$80,000/year.
82% of the staffs recommend this company to a friend and 91% approve of Mark Parker, the C.E.O. The staffs are contented with the benefits, management, job culture, job work/life balance etc. Majority of employees consider Nike to be the best place to work for and is an excellent place for career advancement.