Sam’s Warehouse is an Australian discount retail store founded in 2008. It is headquartered in North Ryde, Sydney, Australia. Jan Cameron is the owner, Penny Moss is the COO and Wayne Fowler is the operation’s manager.
History of Sam’s Warehouse:
Due to the some changes in ownership, the Australian discount retail needed to re-brand all Australian warehouse stores to avoid any brand confusions. By the end of 2008 all the Australian stores were completely re-branded as the “Sam’s Warehouse”. By the beginning of 2009 the Australian discount retail went in to heavy debt of over $ 90 million. Because of this debt The Sam’s warehouse was sold to “Retail Adventures pty. Ltd” owned by Australian multimillionaire Jan Cameron (the former owner of Kathmandu) for an undisclosed sum on 23 March 2009. Presently there are 81 Sam’s warehouse stores all over Australia.
Now let us look at the different jobs available in Sam’s warehouse.
Jobs at Warehouse:
Sam’s Warehouse Manager:
Any person who is committed to customer service and has a previous experience in a busy high volume retail environment can easily fit in this position. The primary job responsibilities are
- Carry out the over-all store operations and make sure that the warehouse store meets the KPI and OHS standards
- Manage the large -scale stock daily
- Do visual merchandising with creativity
- Train and inspire the store team
- Develop and maintain trustworthy relations with the consumers
Support Manager- Sam’s warehouse:
The support manager has to assist the manager in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
The responsibilities are as follows
- Assist the manager in attaining the Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Create a positive work environment in warehouse
- Assist the manager to maintain Industrial, Health and Safety standards
Sam’s Lift Driver:
The job responsibilities of this position are.
- Check the quality of the cargo
- Maintain product supply
- Manage the flow of cargo
- Organize warehouse
- Take care of the equipment maintenance
- Should follow the safety rules
Sam’s Warehouse locations:
You can find Sam’s warehouse in different locations in Australia as listed below:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Apply for a job in Sam’s warehouse:
There is no online process to apply for a job in Sam’s warehouse. All you need to do is contact the nearest Sam’s store directly for enquiries relating to any job vacancies or you can also contact them via Phone.
Salary & Reviews:
The average salary for manager working at Sam’s warehouse is around $ 54,000. It can vary according to the company, location, and experience etc.
Most of the people working in Sam’s warehouse suggest that the warehouse has a fast paced work environment with emphasis on safety. Some employees also have dissatisfaction towards the management and the lesser career advancement opportunities in the company. Overall it is a productive place to work for anyone.