Skechers was found by Robert soon after he left LA Gear, which he had founded in 1983. Skechers’ products include boots and skate shoes: athletic, casual and dress styles for men, women, and children. With nearly 5,000 employees, Skechers are distributed in 193 locations world-wide.
Skechers’ brands include Skechers Sport, Skechers USA, Active, Cali, Shape-ups, Tone-ups, Skechers Resistance, Skechers Work and Skechers Kids. The company promotes its product through celebrity-driven advertising to maintain the trendy brand image. Some of the celebrities who had taken part in their advertisements were singers Brandy, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera; actors Robert Downey Jr., Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon; athletes Joe Montana, Karl Malone, Rick Fox and many more.
Warehouse Jobs at Skechers
Lift Driver – Warehouse
- Load, unload, move, and stage materials using forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment
- Unload merchandise safely and move them to appropriate storage locations
- Check the goods for quality. Ensure deliveries are accurate and free of damage
- Ensure that the exact number and type of product is loaded into the trucks for delivery
- Maintain records of transported goods such as their quantity, pack size and description
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other job-related duties and equipment maintenance as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in fork truck operation preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Supervise and assist the entire warehouse activities
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through proper utilization of resources
- Recommend methods to improve quality of service and efficiency of staffs and equipment performance
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the employee activities
- Monitor expenditures, identify variances and implement necessary remedial actions
- Schedule work and adjust staffing as per demands
- Conduct interviews and selection process
- Associate degree with three to five years of relevant warehouse experience
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions etc.
- Dealing with complexity, Equipment Maintenance, and Time Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of general business computer software
Benefit offered by Skechers
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Personal Day
- Jury Duty
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more
To apply for a job at Skechers’, just log-in to their website http://skechers.jobs/ . Choose the desired job position, select your resume and click on “Submit your resume to this Job”. You can also refer your friends for different job positions. You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. If you are a returning user, you can log-in with your username and password. Else if you are a new user, you will be prompted to create a Resume Profile first.
An associate working in Skecher is paid around $8 per hour. Similarly a Territory or District manager working in Skecher is paid in the range of $60 – $80 per month
Most of the employees are not fully satisfied with the work environment in Skechers’. Only 40% of the employees are willing to recommend this company to their friends and 50% approve of the CEO, Robert Greenberg. Most of the employees dissatisfaction were about the poor work environment, low wages even for experienced workers and less career advancement opportunities.