Are you looking for a warehouse job in the Pacific Northeast? Look no further than Wegmans. Wegmans is a large grocery and pharmacy company looking to add to their ever-growing team.
Wegmans has been providing quality food to people for 100 years. In 1916, John Wegman opened their first grocery store: The Rochester Fruit and Vegetable Company. From that small beginning, the company grew to a large, successful business with over 45,000 employees, and 87 stores in six states. They now provide quality food, pharmaceuticals, wine and beer, floral services, and much more.
Along with retail, Wegmans also offers events and classes for its customers, a publication brimming with varied menus, a handy app for shoppers, and catering services.
Wegmans is also a philanthropic company, with many charitable interests. They are committed to reducing their impact on the environment, they are supporters of local food banks, they hold numerous events for schools, and they also support the United Way.
Working with Express Furniture Warehouse
Wegmans has been on the list of 100 Best Companies to Work For from Fortune magazine since 1998. They offer fair wages and benefits that include affordable healthcare, adoption assistance, employee wellness programs, 401K retirement programs, scholarship competitions, and more. Wegmans is dedicated to maintaining a positive working culture, assisting people in their career development goals, and embracing a diverse workforce.
Wegmans has a high rating on Glassdoor.com. Current and former employees have rated and reviewed the company, and have commented on the great co-workers, the company following its values and mission, the flexibility, and growth opportunities. A few negative comments discussed the amount of work and the stressful holiday times.
Tips for Applying at Wegmans
To apply for jobs at Wegmans, visit www.wegmans.com and select the Careers link on the top or bottom of the page. Here you’ll find employee testimonials and also the job search function. Click “Search jobs” and you’ll find a list of current postings. To narrow down your results, use the filters on top of the results list and use keywords or search by location. There are more filters on the left navigation menu that allow you to search job categories, type, and schedules. Warehouse jobs are posted under “distribution.”
If you find a job that matches your skills and wants, you can click “Apply online” and you’ll be prompted to create an account. The online application process will have you enter your information step-by-step.
Here are some more tips for applying at Wegmans:
- Warehouse jobs might require heavy lifting and constant, repetitive movement. If you’re not able to perform these duties, you might want to check some postings in different areas, such as store associates.
- Follow Wegmans on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter to hear about new job postings and to learn more about the company.
- Wegmans is a highly rated company, and therefore it can be a little competitive to get in to. Be sure to proofread your résumé and cover letter and to research the company before your interview. You can do this by visiting the website, signing up for their newsletter, downloading their app, or visiting a store.
- Wegmans is supportive of its employees giving back to the community. Be sure to highlight any volunteerism or charity work on your résumé and cover letter.
- Wegmans is constantly growing and opening new stores. If they don’t have a position you’re interested in now, be sure to check back once in a while.