Initially a small store was opened by the mother of Karl and Theo Albrecht in a suburb of Essen, Germany in 1913. Later the Albrecht brothers took over their mother’s business and soon opened many retail outlets nearby. By 1950, the Albrecht brothers owned 13 stores. In 1960 due to a dispute, the brothers were forced to split the company into Aldi Nord and Aldi Süd. In 1993, both the Albrecht brothers retired as CEOs.
ALDI expanded internationally in the 1970s and 1980s, experiencing a rapid expansion after German reunification. Their expansion includes opening an average of two new stores per week. Currently ALDI serves over 20 million customers in 31 states each month.
ALDI warehouse jobs
Let’s take a look at the employment opportunities available in ALDI’s warehouse
LGV Driver – Warehouse
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Plan delivery schedules and routes
- Ensure the goods are delivered safely at the appropriate destination
- Keep the vehicle in good condition
- Load and unload the merchandise into the vehicle
- Take the quickest, safest and traffic free route to reach the destination.
- Must be above 18 years old
- Must have a LGV licence and good driving record
- Should have a good eyesight
- Proper communicate skill
- Select products off warehouse shelves according to current orders
- Safely operate powerful equipment’s to select, palletize, load customer orders for delivery
- Replace items and orders returned by the customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months of job-related warehouse experience
- Ability to communicate well both in oral and written
- Certification for powered material handling equipment required
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and in flexible hours
- Must be able to lift cases of product up to 75 pounds regularly
Benefit packages offered by ALDI:
Listed are some of the benefit packages offered by ALDI for its employees
- Vacation time
- 401(k) plans
- Retirement savings plan
- Medical, vision & dental insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee discounts and many more
Apply Online:If you are from UK, then you can make of the website http://www.careers.aldirecruitment.co.uk/ and the job seekers from USA can apply at http://www.aldiuscareers.com .
Follow the listed steps to apply online for a job at ALDI
- First, check if the position you’d like to apply for is right for you and that you meet the necessary requirements
- Second, select the role you want to apply for and your regional preference
- And finally, enter your personal details and upload your cover letter and CV.
- Click on “Submit”
An associate working in ALDI is paid around $8 – $10 per hour and a cashier gets around $10-$14 per hour. Similarly managers are paid in the range of $70,000 -$80,000 per month.
From the reviews, it is evident that most of the employees working in ALDI are not satisfied with the company. Only 48% of employees are willing to recommend this company to their friends and 72% approve of the CEO, Hartmuth Wiesemann.
Pros of working in the company are
- Friendly staff
- Great pay for an entry level job
- High level of responsibility
- Good benefits packages
And the cons include
- Fast paced work environment
- Minimal work life balance
- Limited opportunity for promotion
- Lots of multitasking and follow-ups
- Too much workload and long work shifts