BJ’s Wholesale Club was started in year 1984, as a department store chain in Massachusetts, USA by Zayre. Initially Zayre sold his store’s own nameplate to rival discount chain Ames that formed TJX Companies. TJX spun off their warehouse divisions which consist of BJ’s and now defunct HomeClub to form Waban, Inc. Later Waban spun off BJ’s to form an independent company headquartered in Massachusetts. The company’s name was derived from the daughter of the first president of the new company, Beverly Jean.
BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first to introduce the concept of warehouse club in the mid-1980s. BJ now employs over 23,500 workers in over 200 locations around United States of America.
Warehouse Jobs at BJ:
Job Title: Freight Handler
- Load and unload freight into & from the containers/trailers
- Build pallets according to distribution instructions
- Safely operate powered material handling equipment’s
- Manage freights according to specifications
- Work in other areas of the warehouse as assigned
- Ability to lift 70 lbs regularly
- Must be able to work in different work environment such as heat, cold, noise, dust etc
- Good communication skills
- Forklift certified
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Job Title: Pallet Operations – Warehouse
- Load & unload pallets using Pallet Sorting machines and appropriate forklift techniques
- Assist the cross dock and receiving areas when needed
- Work in all areas of the distribution center when required
- Certification in forklift operations
- Must have good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Willing to work in flexible shifts and varied work environments
BJ’s Distribution center locations:
BJ’s has three distribution centers located at the following places
- Uxbridge, MA
- Burlington, NJ
- Jacksonville, FL
Benefit packages offered by BJ:
Listed are some of the benefit packages offered by BJ’s Wholesale Club to its employees
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension plans
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
- Discounts on BJ’s products
- Discounted club membership and many more
To apply for a job at BJ’s Wholesale Club, visit https://bjs.mua.hrdepartment.com and select the appropriate job position. Once you have selected the desired role at the preferred location, click on “Submit your resume”. Now upload your best resume and click on “Apply now” to apply for the job position. First time users will have to create their log-in profile before applying.
Associates working in BJ’s Wholesale Club are paid in the range of $8 – $11 per hour whereas the supervisors are offered $12 – $17 per hour. Similarly General Manager’s pay ranges from $90,000 – $95,000 per month.
From the employee reviews it is obvious that most of the employees are not satisfied with the company. Only 48% of employees are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 66% approve of the CEO, Laura J. Sen.
Some are the pros of working in BJ’s Wholesale Club are friendly staffs, fun filled work environment, company events, great benefit packages etc. And the cons of working in the company are stressful work, low pay, no breaks, poor career advancement, fast paced work, bad management and personalities.