The Target Corporation is an American retailing company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is the second-largest retailer in the United States behind Walmart.
During 1962 the Dayton Company, using the concept of upscale discount retailing developed by Dayton’s publicity director, Stewart K. Widdess opened its first Target discount store at Roseville, Minnesota. The name “Target” was planned to prevent consumers from linking the new discount store chain with the Dayton’s department store. Currently target has over 1,700 stores all over the world.
Jobs in Target warehouse
Target Corporation has a total of 350,000 team members in 49 states who value creativeness, diversity and teamwork in all forms.
Distribution Operations Manager
- Manage daily activities of team members
- Inspire team members to achieve expected results in productivity, teamwork, and quality
- Collaborate across various departments to generate creative ideas
- Identify improvements in production processes
- Ensure a safe workplace through safety training and accident awareness
- 4-year degree
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Capability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Must possess the skill to develop team and provide feedback
- Willing to work in rotational shifts
- Ready to relocate
Packers – Warehouse
- Neatly pack the goods in precise quantity to be sent out to different stores
- Verify and scan the product identification labels
- Shift the goods on a packing station table for outbound delivery
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift merchandise weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to read and understand product labels, tickets and other product related documentations
- Should possess knowledge to operate PCS system (scanning of labels with electronic pencil-wand)
Employees working in Target are offered some of the best earnings packages such as
- Competitive pay
- All-around insurance coverage
- Vacation pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee assistance program
- Training & development and many other benefits.
Target warehouse locations:
Target has 37 distribution centers in the following cities across the United States:
Alabama, Florida, Kansas, Ohio, Virginia, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Colorado, California, Illinois, New York, South Carolina, Texas and many more.
Apply for a job in Target:
To apply for a job in Target, visit https://corporate.target.com/careers and complete an online job application. Sign-in with your login credentials and select the type of Job position you’re interested to work. Next step is to select the preferred location where you want to work. Finally click on “Apply Now”. First time users have to create a username and password before applying.
Associates working in Target get paid in the range of $8 – $2 per hour. Meanwhile executive team leaders are paid in-between $35k – $97k per month.
Employee reviews suggest that Target Corporation is a fast, fun-filled and friendly workplace. 62% of employees are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 73% approve of the CEO, Gregg W. Steinhafel. Although there is so much praise for the company among its employees, some of them also complain that the company has a terrible management and lack of productive work.